Now agencies can have control over how they want to handle subscription failures from their SaaS clients. When a SaaS client's subscription fails they agency can choose to
- Pause their sub-account
- Leave it operational
This setting can be controlled here
If enabled, this setting will pause client sub-accounts when their SaaS subscription fails.
What is meant by a Subscription failure?
A subscription is considered failed when your client is not paid up and it has
incompletestatus in Stripe. To learn how Stripe subscription statuses work please refer to this Stripe help article - https://stripe.com/docs/billing/subscriptions/overview#subscription-statuses
What does "pause" sub-account mean?
When a sub-account is paused location admins & users (sub-account admin & users) are unable to log into the sub-account whereas they agency admins & users continue to have access to the sub-account. Please refer to this release notes for full details - https://highlevel.canny.io/changelog/pause-resume-sub-accounts-christmas-is-here
Once my client's sub-account is paused, how can it be reactivated?
A paused sub-account can be reactivated if
- An agency admin manually clicks on Resume Sub-Accounton the manage client page
- The client reactivates their SaaS subscription by paying from the lockout screen
- The agency logs into stripe and manually sets the subscription status to activeby marking the pending invoice as paid ortrialingby adding trial days.
To help our SaaS agencies in auditing their SaaS sub-accounts (locations or client account) when a SaaS sub-account is created, we have added more granular audit logging at the agency level (Agency Level → Settings → Audit Logs).
This will also enable HighLevel Support team to provide you better support by maintaining a historical log and transparency.
Request Payment Flow
When an agency user converts an existing client to a SaaS Client we log various actions like
- Enabling SaaS Mode on a sub-account
- When client adds their payment method
- When agency user enabled phone re-billing or email re-billing
- When agency user adds a SaaS subscription, etc.
Funnel or Stripe Checkout Sale Flow
When an agency sells SaaS using a HighLevel funnel, Stripe checkout links or any other 3rd party, and when a SaaS sub-account is created, we log various actions like
- Sub-Account creation
- user creation
- Applying SaaS Configurator Settings on the new sub-account, etc.
To see more details about a particular event agency users can use the
view detailsoption on each row.
A few examples:
Introduced 'Add Contact' functionality on Eliza🚀
- Eliza users can now add a contact to a sub-account through Eliza by navigating to Search -> Contacts.
- These contacts will be synced back to the respective GHL sub-account with the contact source field as 'Eliza_User'.
- Once the contact is added to a sub-account through Eliza, the Eliza agent will have to manually assign it to themselves or another agent.
- The sub-account audit log will show an entry for the added contact.
- Performance improvements for the overall Eliza application
- Improved the user interface for screens of all sizes
- Improvements made for efficient real-time event communication
- Improved the overall page loading speed
LC Phone System
From today onwards our agencies that are on Freelancer plan (aka Agency Unlimited plan, 297/month or 2970/year) will be able to re-bill phone costs to their clients (sub-accounts).
- This only works if your client is using LC Phone (and NOT Twilio)
- Agencies on freelancer plan can NOTmark the costs up. Re-billing at markup is only available on the Pro Plan. However freelancer plan users still benefit a 10% margin because LC Phone is 10% cheaper than Twilio in most categories like phone numbers, US/Canada SMS and calling, etc.
- The sub-account must contain at-least one account admin (not to be confused with agency admin) to add/manage your client's payment method
How do I know which sub-accounts can be re-billed for phone usage?
Please head over to Agency Level -> Settings -> Phone System - Twilio
A sub-account can fall in any one of the following conditions
- Phone rebilling enabled - You are rebilling phone related costs to your clients
- Phone rebilling can be enabled - To rebill phone costs to your client, please go to manage client page and turn on phone rebilling
- Phone rebilling disabled - Use LeadConnector phone on this sub-account to rebill phone related costs to your clients
How do I move to LeadConnector Phone?
Please head over to Agency Level -> Settings -> Phone System - Twilio and click "Move to LeadConnector" or "Use LeadConnector" option
Detailed help article - https://help.gohighlevel.com/support/solutions/articles/48001204027-how-to-migrate-an-agency-and-sub-account-to-lc-phone-
How do i enable phone re-billing?
At this point your client can add their payment method by going to Location Level -> Settings -> Company Billing page
Important : Agencies must not add their own card here. It needs to be your client's card.
Once your client has added their card you will be able to enable the re-billing option for them
As mentioned before, these charges can not be marked up. The default markup is set to 1.05x (meaning a 5% markup) to cover for your Stripe charges.
How does rebilling work?
- You, the agency, gets billed from HighLevel for LC usage
- Your client gets billed from your Stripe account for Phone Rebilling
How can I check my agency's usage?
Please head over to Agency Level -> Settings -> Billing and click on
See Detailsin the credits section
How can my client check their usage?
Please head over to Location Level -> Settings -> Company Billing and click on
See Detailsin the credits section
What is planned next?
Soon we will be releasing LC Email rebillling for the freelancer plan as well.
LC Phone System
SHAKEN/STIR refers to a system in the United States that allows businesses to send Application-to-Person (A2P) type messaging via standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone numbers. This will help in
avoiding the calls to show up as SPAM or getting filtered.
After submitting their Business Profile, Agency and Sub-account admins will be
able to register for SHAKEN/STIR.
💰This is a free-of-cost service.
How to Register your numbers with SHAKEN/STIR❓
- 1. Click on the "Start Registration" Button:
- 2. Enter a friendly name for the profile, confirm the authenticity and click Sumit.
- 3. You will get the success message for the submission. The approval might take up to 4 days.
How will the numbers be linked to the SHAKEN/STIR Profile❓
All numbers will be Linked Automatically. All current available numbers and future bought numbers will automatically will be linked with the registered SHAKEN/STIR.
ℹ️ Explore more on the LC Phone System Trust Center here 👈
LC Phone System
Using your phone number as the Caller ID for your outgoing calls is as easy as verifying your number using the
Verified CallerID aka Number Maskingfeature.
This feature is available on the Phone Numbers Page at a sub-account level(only visible to accounts who are on LC Phone), this will be visible to agency and sub-account users.
Add a Verified Phone Number via the Console
- 1. Access the Verified Caller IDs section in sub-account -> Settings -> Phone Numbers -> Manage
- 2. Click Add a new Caller ID![Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 4]
- 3. Enter the desired phone number with the country to verify and click Verify Number.
- 4. You will see a six-digit OTP on the screen which you need to enter when you receive a call.
- 5. Your callerID will be verified and shown in the Verified CallerID list.
Use a Verified Phone Number for calling
- 1. Click on the edit icon for one of the Phone Numbers which would be available.
- 2. In the next screen enable the feature and select the callerID that needs to be linked to the number.
- 3. You are all set all the calls sent from the phone number will show the verified callerID instead.
Note:Verified phone numbers can only be used as a Caller ID for outbound Twilio calls. Incoming calls to the verified number will continue to route through the existing service provider (your wireless service, landline provider, etc.).
🚀 Affiliate Manager has a bunch of exciting updates
- Affiliate Manager has been added to SaaS configurator.
- Ability to choose 'Email Template' when creating an affiliate campaign
- Ability to create an email template using an affiliate fields
- Introduced the date range option in the Payouts screen
- Affiliate admins will now be able to create a campaign with a flat fee commission.
- We’ve introduced an Export button on the ‘Affiliate screen’. This export will download a CSV file of all the affiliates in the Affiliate Manager along with their affiliate links
Wordpress Hosting & Reselling
🚀 The most requested feature for WordPress is finally here. Users could now securely access their WordPress files via SFTP Access feature.
- SFTP is the safest and most secure way for users to access their WordPress files via a client program.
- The user credentials are generated under the WordPress -> Advanced Settings tab.
- Users can login into their trusted local client program using the Hostname, Port Number, UserName and Password credentials displayed on the screen.
ℹ️ Explore more about WordPress here 👈
🎉 Social Planner Enhancements: Approval Flow and Custom Variables
Approval Flow allows users to easily review, approve, and schedule content for their social media accounts. Approval Flow works for both regular posts and CSV uploads!
How does Approval Flow work?
- Create a new post
- Click the V arrow in the "Post" button
- Select the Date & Time to schedule the post and choose the name of the User who needs to approve the post from the "Select An Approver" dropdown
- The approver will get notified via Email that a post needs their approval
- The approver can approve, reject, reject with a comment, as well as make changes to the post
Approval Options in Approval Flow
- Approve - Post will get scheduled in Social Calendar
- Reject - Post will get rejected and moved to the Failed Tab where it will show whatever comment was left when the approver rejected the post
How to customize the Email notification template for Approval Flow
- Go to Social Planner Settings > Notification
- Choose an Email Template to sent to approvers
- Email templates can be edited in Marketing > Email > Templates
Help Article: Social Planner Post Approval
Custom Values can now be used in post copy! Simply select a Custom Value from the dropdown and it will be dynamically replaced with whatever is set for that value when the post is published. Custom Values can be created and edited in Settings > Custom Values.
- Introducing new reports for tracking the status of the following over the selected time range
- The user can now analyse conversion patterns over time.
- Every graph is highlighted with absolute numbers along with % increase and decrease in the specified time range.
- To view these reports, go to Agency 'Sub-Accounts' page and click on 'Reports' on the location card.